Automatic Changes to Records on August 1st
Schools/Childcares: Student grades will automatically be promoted on the first day of August each year.
Following are the rules that will be used for MCIR School/Childcare grade promotion:
- Students on migrant school rosters are excluded from the automatic promotion process.
- All non-migrant school and childcare waivers will be removed from the MCIR, unless:
- the student is marked for the current school (next one will be November) or childcare (October) report period, and/or
- the student is marked for K for Roundup (with a NG or C for grade and roundup box checked.)
- Students who have been assigned a grade between DK and 12 will be promoted to the next grade, as long as the student’s Roundup box is not checked. DK will promote to K, and 12 will promote to NG (No Grade). Grades SE, Alt, AE, CTE will remain the same.
- Kindergarten Roundup Students:
- Students currently in childcare or preschool that will become kindergarteners (K) or developmental kindergarteners (DK) in the fall, can be marked as ‘Roundup’ with a grade of either NG (no grade) or C (childcare). If marked as roundup then they will become grade K when all students are promoted one grade on August 1st. The roundup option is only available January 1st through July 31st.
- will be removed from any Childcare site roster.
- After grade promotion is complete:
- any student with a grade of DK, K or 7 will have their report period automatically set to November of this year, and
- all Roundup boxes will be automatically unchecked.
All School & childcare-entered waivers will be deleted, unless the student is marked for the current school or childcare report period (November or October), and/or the student is marked for K Roundup. Waivers should not affect any migrant schools or child cares.
All school & childcare persons who are checked for McKinney Vento will be deleted, unless the student is marked for the current school (next one will be November) or childcare (October) report period.