Kindergarten Roundup children may be entered into MCIR and added on to your roster during the spring round-up process. Doing this allows you to view the immunization status of the child prior to the start of school in the fall. Please note: Only schools show the round-up option.
Follow the steps listed below in the spring, alert parents to needed immunizations and as children receive shots over the summer, providers will add the shots to MCIR. You will find in the fall that the status of many incomplete children on your roster has turned to complete!
TO ADD ROUNDUP CHILDREN TO YOUR ROSTER — DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Add children one by one by using the Add/Find link under the Person menu in MCIR, or
- Add the list of roundup children in groups, using Build a Roster, found under the My Site menu.
- Note: For both of these processes, MCIR will require that you select a report period – select the upcoming November report period when the child will actually begin Kindergarten.
TO MARK CHILDREN ON YOUR ROSTER AS ROUNDUP–DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Click the Round up radial button in the bottom section of the General Information screen of a child’s record, or
- Click on Modify Roster near the top of the screen when in the Roster, select the children by clicking the box by their name, select “Modify Checked” at the bottom of the screen, and select “Roundup – Yes,”
The grade follows the child. This child will be “rounded up” to Kindergarten whether their grade is “C” or “NG.”
Do not change the grade to “K.”
MCIR will automatically change any child listed as Roundup to Grade K by the start of school, so that they will be counted in your November IP100 report.
After completing these steps, check your roster to be sure that each round-up child has a red background for their entire line, the November report period listed, and NG for the grade.
Use the triangular icons at the top of the roster to sort the roster by any of the following depending on which is most helpful to you: report period, IS (immunization status), Grade, etc.
Most MCIR reports allow you to select Round-up children as an option, making it easy to print letters, create lists of incompletes, alphabetical lists, etc. Check the reports to see which may be most useful to you.
MCIR automatically advances students by one grade on the first day of August. Learn more about Grade Promotion.