Benefits for Health Plans
MCIR benefits health care organizations by consolidating immunization information from multiple providers. This reduces vaccine preventable diseases, over-vaccination, and allows providers and other authorized users to see up-to-date patient immunization history.
Most Michigan health plans utilize the MCIR/HEDIS* extract process to supplement or provide their administrative data for annual HEDIS measurement. Some health plans have had so much success with the MCIR/HEDIS extract data that they have been able to eliminate annual chart audits.
*HEDIS is the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set, a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- For Access and Training questions contact your Regional Coordinator
- Questions regarding the extract process, contact Ian Hancke at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services: 517-241-7647.
- AIM Provider Toolkit
- Vaccine Codes [PDF format] January 2021
- Vaccine Codes [xls format] January 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Codes [xls file] January 2021
- Visit CDC Site IIS|Code Sets|CVX|Vaccines|CDC
for Posting of COVID-19 Vaccine Codes and Crosswalk
- MCIR/HEDIS Extract Query/Return (VXQ/VXR) File Formats
- MCIR Read Only Access Application
- National Committee for Quality Assurance