BENEFITS AND FEATURES
Michigan schools and licensed childcare centers are required to report Immunization Program (IP) compliance on students through the age of 18 to their local health department. The MCIR Web Application's School/Childcare Function* simplifies and streamlines the IP reporting process.
Immunization Providers (physician offices, clinics, and local health departments) are required to report immunizations they administer to children born from 1994 to present to the MCIR. This eliminates the need for school and childcare staff to have to enter all immunization dates for every student.
Schools and Childcares use MCIR to:
- Create a Roster of students who are required to be reported. (All Kindergarten, All 6th grade and all new students new to your district from January of this current year. This process automatically retrieves immunization information that has already been reported to MCIR by Providers.
- Add any additional information required.
- Generate reports, letters, and labels.
* Please note: the old SIRS73 program is no longer used for IP reporting. SIRS73 immunization assessments are out-of-date and inaccurate. Local Health Departments are no longer accepting IP reports from SIRS73.
To go back to School and Childcare Resource Library: Click here
For technical assistance, schools and childcares should contact us at the MCIR Helpdesk. Our toll-free number is 1-888-243-6652. Phone lines are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For assistance with IP Reporting Requirements, IP Reporting Deadlines and Setting up a Site: Contact your Local Health Department.
If you are a college health center and you wish to report your immunizations to MCIR, visit the Providers Page.
- School General Information Reference Guide
- How to Access/Register with MCIR
- MCIR School/Childcare Manual
- Childcare Packet
- School Packet
- Weekly Communicable Disease Report
- Registration a 4 Step Process
- How to Add or Remove A User on Your Site
- Request to Change School/Childcare Site Administrator Form (To change the site administrator) (One Form for every School Requested)
- New Site Access Application (To set up a new site)
- Future Vaccine Need Report
- How to Build a Roster
- How to Change your SSO Password
- Petition to Modify a Child's Data (for Name change or date of birth)
- How to Add a Student to MCIR Using the Wildcard Search
- How to Close a School Reporting Period
- How to Close a Childcare Reporting Period
- IP Reporting Requirements: contact your Local Health Department
- How to Access MCIR
- Registration Information
- School Master System Transfer
- Training: How to build a roster, site administrator information
- Frequently Asked Questions:Training, Immunizations, Pop-up blockers