MCIR is a secure web application located on the internet. Each School and Childcare building (a.k.a. "Site") must designate one person to be a MCIR Site Administrator. The Site Administrator is responsible for adding other authorized MCIR users, as well as controlling user access.
Follow these directions to determine your next step for gaining access to MCIR:
- If you have used MCIR previously (say, last reporting year), you already have an SSO User ID to access the system. You will use that same User ID again this year. If you do not remember the User ID you used last year, you must Contact Us for assistance.
- Do not click the Register button as this will only create a duplicate User ID that grants you access to absolutely nothing.
- If you have forgotten your password and need assistance, print out the tip sheet How to Receive your Forgotten SSO/MCIR Password
- If you wish to change your current password, print out the tip sheet How to Change Your SSO-MCIR Password.
- If you are unsure who is your current Site Administrator, please Contact Us for assistance.
- You must also register yourself as a user with the SSO, see Registration a Four Step Process.
- You can view User Registration on-line step by step training by clicking here.
- Brand new (a new district code, building code, or license number was assigned), or
- Has never used MCIR before, you must complete a MCIR School/Childcare Site
Access Application: please complete only one form for each School building or Childcare center location. This form must be sent to us for processing. Our contact information is on the form.
Forms take up to 2 business days for processing. Once a form is processed you will receive an email from email@example.com containing a PIN number and registration instructions.
If you have already faxed in one of the above forms, and are checking on its status, please Contact Us.
Registration is the hardest part of using the MCIR! That is why we are all happy it is a one-time process. Here are some tips to make your MCIR login experience hassle-free:
- Once you have a MCIR/SSO UserID it becomes your permanent UserID to access MCIR. Write down your UserID and keep it in a place you will remember.
- You will be required to change your password every 90 days. During the password-change process you must type in your old password. So, never let your computer automatically store your password. Automatically-stored passwords often present login difficulties. To clear your automatically-stored passwords the tip sheet How to Clear Stored Passwords in Internet Explorer will assist you.
- Every year you will be required to accept the MCIR User/Usage Agreement.
For more information about the MCIR One-time, Four-step registration process, refer to pages 6-12 of the MCIR School/Childcare Manual or click here for step by step registration directions.
You can also visit our User Registration Training page.
Please visit the Schools/Childcares Training Page for available on site Training.